Ha ha ha....that's so funny! :)) Now do you wonder why you even bought him toys? A simple tape measure will do for entertainment! :)) I miss that little guy! :))
Mom Walker said…
What a creative Daddy! Just the simpliest things can be so entertaining. Glad you had fun---those are special times.
Curt, Ben, and I spent a sticky Sunday afternoon at the ballpark. We had tickets to see the Fort Wayne TinCaps . Last summer we went to three games together, so we thought we should try to fit at least one in this summer. The whole drive there it was pouring rain. I was a little worried that we would spend the game in the rain, or not be able to attend at all. Thankfully, it cleared up while we were parking. Then, it got really hot and humid out. Ben was already dripping sweat before the game even started! The wind picked up during the game and that really helped cool us off. We left when the 7th inning started with black clouds rolling in. As we drove home it was pouring rain again, so I guess we left just in the nick of time. We got lawn tickets, which we love, because Ben can move around and we can all stretch out our legs. A family photo before the game started. It was hard to get everyone looking at the camera. :) The game getting started. This is Ben's head at the start ...
Curt, Ben, and I had a fun afternoon decorating sugar cookies. I haven't made sugar cookies in a while. Every time I make them, it seems like things go bad after I try to roll them out. It turns into a dough nightmare. Usually I can figure it out and make it work, but then I vow not to make them again for a long time. Today I tried a new recipe I found online and it also shared a tip that I thought was awesome. They said to roll the dough out immediately between two pieces of parchment paper, then lay it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Then, I could cut the heart shapes from the already rolled out dough and I didn't even need to use any extra flour. It changed my world...I think I might not hate making sugar cookies after all! The cookies and decorating supplies Ben took his sprinkle artwork very seriously. Curt did a fabulous job with the pink frosting. Our work is done and we are ready to enjoy a couple cookies! Anyone want a cookie? ...
My nieces Mya and Emma turned eight on Saturday, so we spent the weekend in Grand Rapids visiting friends and family. Saturday morning we headed to my best friend Rachel's house. It was nice to spend a couple hours visiting together. In the afternoon, we had the birthday party at my parent's house. After that that we stopped in to visit with my Grandma & Grandpa Bierema. It was a busy day! Sunday after church, Curt got his last big run in. He'll just do a couple shorter runs this week. He is ready for his 1/2 marathon on Saturday. I'm proud of him for sticking to his training! I'm sure he will be very excited when it's over with. :) Luke, Ben, and Jackson ready for the game in their Michigan State shirts. Our family posing for a quick picture. The birthday girls...Emma and Mya. Ben enjoying some cake and ice cream. Emma blowing some bubbles for Mya, Ben, and Caleb to chase in the backyard.
Comments